Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday

We had a three day week. It feels more like a Monday than a Friday, but I’ll take it!

fiveforfriday2
1
 My classroom is under construction. Literally.

elec

They are adding electric outlets and data ports for the new computers and SMART board. There was no school on Thursday, but today my classes were relocated to the Media Center. By this time next week I should have enough outlets for a lab.

2
 There was no school Thursday, but I spent the day cleaning my house. Sad, but true.

3
I’ve used Evernote for note taking for the last year or so. Last week I discovered the Evernote Web Clipper. I’m going to go a blog post on the topic, but it is awesome. For now you can just take my word for it!
4
My other new (old) love is Dropbox. I’d used it in the past, but I’d exceeded my free space. I broke down and upgraded my account a couple of weeks ago. I’d been using a combination of flash drives and server space. I’m so much more relaxed now that all my files are safe in one place.

5
I’m so ready for my room to be finished. By October, I *should* have the tables, computers, and SMART board in place. I can’t wait! I’m trying to be patient, but it is wearing thin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Omgosh...I'd go crazy without my room being done! I can't believe you have to deal with that. I love your rug! Where did you get it? I finally broke down and got drop box too....only because I wanted to share my son's football pictures with his team. I exceeded the space in the first 10 minutes of having it. I will be upgrading too...just so I don't have to carry flash drives and external hard drives around.
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to convert to the dropbox too. I always worry about forgetting my USB! Love your owls in the room. Hope you get back in there soon!

    ~Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Jenny! I cannot imagine having a unfinished room - bless you. Hope it wraps up quickly. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Evernote - people are going to get tired of me hearing about it. I think Evernote should send me some informational cards to hand out because everywhere I go I'm always telling people they could use Evernote for that!! Dropbox is also a favorite of mine. I was almost at the point of exceeding my storage limits, so I rearranged a few files AND referred a few friends for some extra storage! Good luck with your room!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete